Sunday, October 10, 2010

My first decoupage- the table B&A

Well, yesterday was my middle daughter's 12th Bday so I am late in posting this. I had it done Fri night but she wanted to go to Carowinds yesterday so anyway...  This little table was given to me from a friend probably about 15 years ago. I always kept a cloth on it to cover it up cuz it was just so ugly. Then I found all of you here on blogland and I thot I could make this ugly table pretty.  Here is the before:


My 4 toddlers had done there own bit of damage to the top as well over the years.



And here is the after:





There are a few wrinkles in it but they're not too noticeable. I was afraid to rub them out cuz this is the second piece of paper I used cuz when I rubbed the wrinkles out the first time, it rubbed the top layer of the paper off so I had to take that off and redo it. I am happy enought with it to leave it alone.

I am just excited to have made it look better. Even my son said it was an improvement.

Thanks for looking! have a blessed day,
Karyl

I am linking to a party at  http://makingtheworldcuter.blogspot.com/2010/10/making-world-cuter-monday-oct-11.html 

I am gonna try to post the button too y'all so here goes...
Making

And on Tuesday I am linking to this party at sassysites.blogspot.com~


Photobucket

I am also linking to My Dear Trash's first linky lasting from
Oct 14-Oct 21 @

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation!! Way to go! I'm SOO excited we found each others blogs! I can't wait to see what else you have in store! Thank you oh so very much for sharing my button on your blog :) HUGS!!
    Your happy newest follower,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the power of paint. That table was pretty beat up...but NOW, WOW!
    My thrift party was NOT on this week, we were away. It will resume come this Friday:) hope to see you then. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! What a great piece of furniture now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great-amazing what a fresh coat can do-thanks so much for stopping by design blooms and your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the redo!
    Thanks for stopping by. I bought a runner the next year after buying the placemats, but it is a shade darker. That is ok - will use it else where.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I would love to have you link up over at Sassy Sites for our Trash to Treasure Tuesday party! :)

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!
    www.sassysites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new table! It turned out really cute. I picked up a table recently at a thrift store and plan on painting mine black also. Love the blog! I am a new follower ~ I can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. and to think you recycled too. Saving the earth one cute piece of furniture at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!
    Greetings from Italy,
    Federica.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This is breath-taking! Love it! I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open at the thrift shops so I can do a copy-cat. Maybe. Regardless, I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the transformation! Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites for our Trash to Treasure Tuesday! Hopefully we can see you again next Tuesday! xoxo

    -Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg, what a difference. You did a great job, it has a whole new life now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did such an amazing job! i can't believe you did that! hmm, makes me want to go into my basement and see if there is something i could fix!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up to My Dear Trash- I LOVE the black. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done! I love it. Very subtle. To think you had it covered up for so long....
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning makeover! Great job you did - I love the size and shape of that little table - definitely worth saving.

    ReplyDelete